First Daikin VRV Unit Assembled at Daikin Texas Technology Park
Daikin North America LLC's new 4 million-square-foot campus, located outside Northwest Houston, welcomed the first VRV unit off the production line during a celebration in January, 2017.
Daikin VRV technology is not entirely new to North America. Daikin introduced VRV units in 2005 with products imported from Japan and Europe. In February 2014, Daikin operated assembly lines for VRV outdoor units in North America with limited production in Houston. Now, with the opening of Daikin's new state-of-the-art campus in Waller, Texas, the production of current VRV units as well as the development of new product designs will increase productivity drastically by 22 percent. Lead time will also decrease substantially in order to respond to customer demand.
When fully operational, Daikin Texas Technology Park will manufacture Daikin branded products, including ducted and ductless HVAC systems forcommercial applications.
Source: Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News January 23, 2017
Daikin VRV IV: Setting the Standard Again!
VRV IV Air-Cooled Heat Pump
Daikin's VRV IV systems integrate advanced technology to provide comfort control with maximum energy efficiency and reliability. Currently available in heat pump configurations, VRV IV provides a solution for multi-family residential to large commercial applications desiring heating or cooling. The VRV IV is the first variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system to be assembled in the United States.
- Total comfort solution for heating, cooling, ventilation and controls
- Redesigned and optimized for total Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
- Reduced install cost and increased flexibility as compared to VRV III with larger capacity single modules up to 14 tons and system capacity up to 34 tons
- Efficiency improved over VRV III by an average of 11% with IEER values now up to 28
- Improved seasonal efficiency as compared to VRV III with automatic and customizable Variable Refrigerant Temperature (VRT) climate tuning
- Best-In-Class warranty with 10 year compressor and parts as standard
- Reduced commissioning time vs. VRV III with VRV configurator software and Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Design flexibility with long piping lengths up to 3,280 ft. total and 100 ft. vertical separation between indoor units
- Take advantage of Daikin's unique zone and centralized controls that are optimized for the specific needs of North America
TMI Climate Solutions: Packaged Mechanical Penthouses
TMI Climate Solutions, located in Holly, MI,has been providing custom air handling units with complete piping since the late 1980's. In addition to pre-piped and wired custom units, TMI provides complete factory assembled mechanical penthouses, which encompass mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, piping systems, power distribution, controls, etc., to provide a fully functional mechanical room. The advantages of a TMI mechanical penthouse are:
- Lower overall project cost
- Single point responsibility
- One stop warranty and service
- High quality based on a factory controlled installation
- Shortened construction cycle
- Turnkey projects from design through installation
Common equipment found within these penthouses:
- Air Handling Systems
- Packaged Boiler Systems
- Air Cooled/Water Cooled Chiller Systems
- Emergency Power Generators
- Steam Generators
- Domestic Hot Water
- Motor Control Centers/Variable Frequency Drives
- Electrical Switch Gear
- Cooling Towers